The App contains photographs of 402 selected He Wenjues artworks since 1995, including those that have been shown for many times on international exhibitions and those been collected by notable artistic organizations and collectors.
The App also contains reviews and interview articles from world-famous critics and curators, in which He has made a vivid depiction of his artistic experience as well as featured interpretation of his own artistic creation and concept.
The App presents photographs of He including He in life, working at studio, and at exhibition sites.
The App also contains Hes resume and video;
He Wenjue's Artworks Show:
- For He Wenjue water is just a symbol for any living space, but its turbulence and instability are metaphors for the general instability in society at large while the struggling swimmer is a metaphor for the individual who has so many difficulties to find his place in society and so desperately aspires to freedom. Thick brushwork is used by the painter to create tension between the water and the swimmer, while thinner brushwork is used to emphasize the power and the vast expanse of the water which in turn downsizes the swimmer.
-Overall, "water,"movies "and "daily image" were all coming from He Wenjue's growing experience and life. They had differences and internal connection. Compared with "water" and "movies,emotion was more important. Things happened in the paintings can not stay, can be recorded by heart and canvas, which recorded the people in contemporary society and hopes resist but can lost anytime. "Daily image" is more realistic, describing lively scenes clearly and fuzzy. The value of `Daily image' was that it showed the image as daily life itself, becoming part of it, even becoming the means to unified daily life, eventually evolved into the focus of all the visual and full consciousness. The moment when becoming the focus, the social relations between people properly show out.
From water to watch films to the present situations of everyday life--- what changed is form, the uncharged is the claim, the deepened part is enquiry to people and the world they live in. If deepening of the enquiry can count as a kind of change, he changed indeedhe changed into tending to observe everyday world more silently, he became more insouciant to existence of any symbol, he became to like looking after this multicoloured world with intended blunt regard.
- Bilingual: English and Simplified Chinese, interchangeable through setting;
- Added visual premium to zoom in for larger image;
- 20 super-size HD digital artworks containing Hes electronic signature;
- Sharing the App or each piece of work with friends on Twitter, Facebook and Sina Microblog;
- All artworks available for sale on Artdepot.cn.
- Added the ability to update works and photos via small update packages, so it can keeps all works up-to-date in an easier way
The App is operated in iOS 4 or higher edition operation system. The digital artworks require network supporting for super-sized HD photographs. Please keep connected to the network while downloading.