GNU Backgammon is a world class opponent and rates at around 2000 on FIBS, the First Internet Backgammon Server – at its best, it is in the top 5 of over 6000 rated players there).
GNU Backgammon is a world class opponent and rates at around 2000 on FIBS, the First Internet Backgammon Server – at its best, it is in the top 5 of over 6000 rated players there). GNU Backgammon can be played on numerous other on-line backgammon servers.
The following features can be found in the current release of GNU Backgammon.
* A command line interface (with full command editing features if GNU readline is available) that lets you play matches and sessions against GNU Backgammon with a rough ASCII representation of the board on text terminals.
* Support for a GTK+ interface with a graphical board window. Both 2D and 3D graphics are available.
* Tournament match and money session cube handling and cubeful play. All governed by an underlying cubeless money game based neuralnet.
* Support for both 1-sided and 2-sided bearoff databases: 1-sided bearoff database for 15 checkers on the first 6 points and optional 2-sided database kept in memory. Optional larger 1-sided and 2-sided databases stored on disk.
* Automated rollouts of positions, with lookahead and race variance reduction where appropriate. Rollouts may be extended.
* Automatic and manual annotation (analysis and commentary) of games and matches.
* Record keeping of statistics of players in games and matches (both native inside GNU Backgammon and externally using relational databases and Python).
* Loading and saving analyzed games and matches as .sgf files (Smart Game Format).
* Exporting positions, games and matches to: (.eps) Encapsulated Postscript, (.gam) Jellyfish Game, (.html) HTML, (.mat) Jellyfish Match, (.pdf) PDF, (.png) Portable Network Graphics, (.pos) Jellyfish Position, (.ps) PostScript, (.sgf) Gnu Backgammon File, (.tex) LaTeX, (.txt) Plain Text, (.txt) Snowie Text
* Import of matches and positions from a number of file formats: (.bkg) Hans Berliner's BKG Format, (.gam) GammonEmpire Game, (.gam) PartyGammon Game, (.mat) Jellyfish Match, (.pos) Jellyfish Position, (.sgf) Gnu Backgammon File, (.sgg) GamesGrid Save Game, (.tmg) TrueMoneyGames, (.txt) Snowie Text
* Python Scripting ability.
* Native language support; 10 languages complete or in progress: (cs_CZ, da_DK, en_GB; en_US, fr_FR, de_DE, is_IS, it_IT, ja_JP, and tr_TR)
GNU Backgammon 0.16 Games software developed by Free Software Foundation, Inc. The license of this games software is freeware, the price is free, you can free download and get a fully functional freeware version of GNU Backgammon. Do not use illegal warez version, crack, serial numbers, registration codes, pirate key for this games freeware GNU Backgammon. Always use genuine version that is released by original publisher Free Software Foundation, Inc.