The App contains photographs of He Duolings artworks since 1973, including those that have been shown for many times on international exhibitions and those been collected by notable artistic organizations and collectors.
The App also contains reviews articles from five critics and curators, in which He has made a vivid depiction of his artistic experience as well as featured interpretation of his own artistic creation and concept.
The App presents photographs of He at his sole exhibition, at his studio as well as in life.
He Duoling's Artworks Show:
- Hes work owes its charm to his wide-ranging interestsliterature, poetry, architecture, music, film.
- The solitary figures and lonely spaces in Hes paintings are suffused with poetry. Like a melancholy poet he wanders through the natural world and glimpses within it his own reflection. He is an artist with a poets mind, and his affection for poetry informs and enriches his paintings: their imagery is the imagery of poems. His depictions of individuals are depictions of their environments; human and environment bleed into each other like the eliding of a poets lines, and the result glimmers with faerie-fires of the spirit.
- From 1990 through the beginning of the twenty-first century, Hes art has moved deeper into the depths of the self. Gone is the symbolic imagery typical of his earlier paintings, the portrait-style depiction of subjects, and even, increasingly, the natural environment. The women in his paintings remain the only constantyet their figures, their motions, their expressions are more rarefied, more distant from reality, as if they are pure manifestations of spiritual states, experiential realms of existence. They are the vessels of He Duolings perception, appearing like souls disembodied in air.
- Over the last decade, this written style has become even more pronounced: using techniques similar to traditional Chinese brushwork, he writes images and scenes, and by limiting his range of color to a single hue he blurs the boundaries between distinct images and hazy backgrounds. In a sense, atmosphere is the defining characteristic of his visual language, the embodiment of his style; it is what has vaunted his craft to its current lofty heights.
- Around 300 pieces of artworks since 1973;
- Full round photographs, including artist in life, at studio and exhibition sites;
- 20 super-size HD digital artworks regularly updated, containing Hes electronic signature;
- Hes Biography, resume, reviews by critics;
- Sharing with friends the App or each piece of Hes work on Twitter, Facebook and Sina Microblog;
- All artworks available for sale on Artdepot.cn.
The App is operated in iOS 4 or higher edition operation system. The digital artworks require network supporting for super-sized HD photographs. Please keep connected to the network while downloading.