KeePass Portable is the popular KeePass Password Safe packaged as a portable app, so you can securely carry your email, internet and other passwords with you.
KeePass Portable is the popular KeePass Password Safe packaged as a portable app, so you can securely carry your email, internet and other passwords with you. You can place KeePass Password Safe Portable on your iPod, USB flash drive, portable HDD or a CD and use it on any PC, without leaving any personal information behind.
KeePass is a free/open-source password manager or safe which helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way. You can put all your passwords in one database, which is locked with one master key or a key-disk. So you only have to remember one single master password or insert the key-disk to unlock the whole database. The databases are encrypted using the best and most secure encryption algorithms currently known (AES and Twofish).
<b>KeePass Features :</b>
* KeePass supports the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES, Rijndael) and the Twofish algorithms to encrypt its password databases.
* Both of these ciphers are regarded as very secure by the cryptography community. Banks are using these algorithms for example, too.
* Even if you would use all computers in the world to attack one database, decrypting it would take longer than the age of the universe.
* Even quantum computers won't help that much. The algorithms are symmetric so its complexity would be reduced a bit, anyway, the sun will go nova before you have decrypted the database.
* The complete database is encrypted, not only the password fields. So your usernames, notes, etc. are protected, too.
* SHA-256 is used as password hash. SHA-256 is a 256-bit cryptographically secure one-way hash function. Your master password is hashed using this algorithm and its output is used as key for the encryption algorithms.
* In contrast to many other hashing algorithms, no attacks are known yet against SHA-256.
* Protection against dictionary and guessing attacks: by transforming the final master key very often, dictionary and guessing attacks can be made harder.
* In-Memory Passwords Protection: Your passwords are encrypted while KeePass is running, so even when the operating system caches the KeePass process to disk, this wouldn't reveal your passwords anyway.
* [2.x] Protected In-Memory Streams: When loading the inner XML format, passwords are encrypted using a session key.
* Security-Enhanced Password Edit Controls: KeePass is the first password manager that features security-enhanced password edit controls. None of the available password edit control spies work against these controls. The passwords entered in those controls aren't even visible in the process memory of KeePass.
* Also see the security information page.
Key Multiple User Keys
* One master password decrypts the complete database.
* Alternatively you can use key files. Key files provide better security than master passwords in most cases. You only have to carry the key file with you, for example on a floppy disk, USB stick, or you can burn it onto a CD. Of course, you shouldn't lose this disk then.
* For even more security you can combine the above two methods: the database then requires the key file and the password in order to be unlocked. Even if you lose your key file, the database would remain secure.
* [2.x] Additionally, you can lock the database to the current Windows user account. The database can then only be opened by the same person who created it.
* Also see keys information page.
Features Portable and No Installation Required, Accessibility
* KeePass is portable: it can be carried on an USB stick and runs on Windows systems without being installed.
* Installer packages are available, too, for the ones who like to have shortcuts in their Windows start menu and on the desktop.
* KeePass doesn't store anything on your system. The program doesn't create any new registry keys and it doesn't create any initialization files (INI) in your Windows directory. Deleting the KeePass directory (in case you downloaded the binary ZIP package) or using the uninstaller (in case you downloaded the installer package) leaves no trace of KeePass on your system.
* [1.x] KeePass runs, without downloading any additional libraries, on Windows 98, 98SE, ME, NT, 2000, XP (Home & Pro, 32-bit & 64-bit), 2003, Vista and 7. No .NET framework is required.
All Windows Systems1
* [2.x] KeePass requires the Microsoft .NET Framework (which can be downloaded for free at Microsoft's website) or Mono. Windows Vista and higher already include the .NET framework; for Windows 98 / ME / 2000 / XP you need to install it, if it's not installed already. With Mono, KeePass also runs on Linux, Mac OS X, BSD, etc.
* Ports for other systems like Linux, Mac OS X, PocketPC, Smartphone, etc. are available! See the downloads page.
* [2.x] Accessibility: KeePass 2.x features an advanced option that explicitly optimizes the user interface for screen readers.
Export Export To TXT, HTML, XML and CSV Files
* The password list can be exported to various formats like TXT, HTML, XML and CSV.
* The XML output can be easily used in other applications.
* The HTML output uses cascading style sheets (CSS) to format the table, so you can easily change the layout.
* The CSV output is fully compatible with most other password safes like the commercial closed-source Password Keeper and the closed-source Password Agent, also the CSVs can be imported by spreadsheet applications like Microsofts Excel or OpenOffice's Calc.
* Many other file formats are supported through KeePass plugins.
Import Import From Many File Formats
* KeePass uses the common CSV export format of various passwords safes like Password Keeper and Password Agent. Exports from these programs can be easily imported to your KeePass databases.
* KeePass can parse and import TXT outputs of CodeWalletPro, a commercial closed-source password safe.
* KeePass can import TXT files created by Bruce Schneier's Password Safe v2.
* [2.x] Out of the box, KeePass supports importing more than 25 formats (see Help: Import).
* Many other file formats are supported through KeePass plugins.
Message Easy Database Transfer
* A password database consists of only one file that can be transferred from one computer to another easily.
Multiple Support of Password Groups
* You can create, modify and delete groups, in which passwords can be sorted into.
* The groups can be arranged as a tree, so a group can have subgroups, those subgroups can have subgroups themselves, etc.
Time Fields and Entry Attachments
* KeePass supports time fields: creation time, last modification time, last access time and expiration time.
* You can attach files to password entries (useful to store PGP signature files in KeePass for example).
* [2.x] KeePass has a powerful internal viewer for text files, images and documents. You don't even need to export attached files to view them!
Keyboard Auto-Type, Global Auto-Type Hot Key and Drag&Drop
* KeePass can minimize itself and type the information of the currently selected entry into dialogs, webforms, etc. Of course, the typing-sequence is 100% user-customizable, read the documentation file for more.
* KeePass features a global auto-type hot key. When KeePass is running in the background (with opened database) and you press the hot key, it looks up the correct entry and executes its auto-type sequence.
* All fields, title, username, password, URL and notes can be drag&dropped into other windows.
Binary Intuitive and Secure Windows Clipboard Handling
* Just double-click on any field of the password list to copy its value to the Windows clipboard.
* Timed clipboard clearing: KeePass can clear the clipboard automatically some time after you've copied one of your passwords into it.
* [1.x] Protection against clipboard monitors (other applications won't get notifications that the clipboard content has been changed).
* [1.x] Paste-once functionality: allow only one paste operation, after pasting the clipboard is cleared automatically by KeePass.
Magnifier Searching and Sorting
* You can search for specific entries in the databases.
* To sort a password group, just click on one of the column headers in the password list, you can sort by any column.
Translation Multi-Language Support
* KeePass can be translated into other languages very easily.
* Over 30 different languages are available!
Strong Random Password Generator
* KeePass can generate strong random passwords for you.
* You can define the possible output characters of the generator (number of characters and type).
* Random seeding through user input: mouse movement and random keyboard input.
Features Plugin Architecture
* Other people can write plugins for KeePass.
* Plugins can extend the functionality of KeePass, like providing additional import/export methods for other file formats.
* Go to the plugins page for more information and plugin downloads.
Features Open Source!
* KeePass free and you have full access to its source code!
* Open Source prevents backdoors. You can have a look at its source code and compile it yourself.
* You can yourself check if the security is implemented correctly, you can, if you want, use any other encryption algorithm.
* Opening the sources also encourages other people to port the application to other systems (PocketPC version already in development) or write translations.
* KeePass is OSI Certified Open Source Software. OSI Certified is a certification mark of the Open Source Initiative.
KeePass Password Safe Portable 2.19 Password Managers software developed by John T Haller. The license of this password managers software is shareware, you can free download and get a free trial before you buy a registration or license. Do not use illegal warez version, crack, serial numbers, registration codes, pirate key for this password managers software KeePass Password Safe Portable. If you want to get a full and unlimited version of KeePass Password Safe Portable, you should buy from original publisher John T Haller.