Money Plus Sunset Deluxe is designed to be a replacement for expired versions of Money Plus Essentials, Money Plus Deluxe, and Money Plus Premium versions. Note: The Money Plus Sunset versions come with online self-help only.
All versions of Money Plus sold at retail and online, required users to perform an â€œOnline Activationâ€ step in order to keep using the product, even if online services had already expired. Online Activation was also required for every machine onto which Money Plus was installed. Now that Money Plus is no longer available for purchase, the online activation step will eventually become unnecessary and unsupported. This Money Plus Sunset package is targeted at removing the activation dependency.
There are two versions of Money Plus Sunset. The Money Plus Sunset Deluxe version is meant to replace Premium, Deluxe, and Essentials versions of Money Plus. The Money Plus Sunset Home and Business version is meant to replace Money Plus Home and Business. Please note that Money Plus Sunset versions come preconfigured with: Â· No online services (no online quotes, no bill payment, no statement downloads initiated by Money, no data sync with MSN Money online services, etcâ€¦) Â· No support services (support services are limited to online self-help only, see Money Plus Sunset EULA and Microsoftâ€™s Support Lifecycle pages for more details).
Tools and Features in Microsoft Money Plus Sunset Deluxe:
Money Plus Sunset offers decent personal finance tracking features, if you don't use online features like transaction downloads.
* Import transactions to accounts using OFX or QIF.
* Manually enter transactions into financial accounts.
* Use scheduled transactions to plan for paying bills on time.
* Create and track a budget.
* Forecast personal cash flow.
* View and print a number of reports for income and expense, assets and liabilities, and investments. Monthly financial reports and some income tax reporting is included.
* The navigation of Microsoft Money Plus Sunset Deluxe is identical to Money Plus, however, some features no longer exist even though the link or tab that once held the feature does.
* Link images and documents to transactions.
The Microsoft Money Plus Sunset versions provide an alternative version of Money with the following:
* No activation requirement. This version can be installed/reinstalled as needed without a requirement to activate.
* No online services. This includes online quotes, bill payment, statement downloads initiated by Money, data sync with MSN Money, etc. If your financial institution provides OFX or QIF statement downloads, the Sunset versions will allow you to import those statements into your Money file.
* Online Help is replaced with a local Help file.
* No Assisted Support. Self Help and community support may continue to be available for a few more years.
* File conversion from older versions of Money. The Sunset versions will be able to open and convert Money Plus files and files from older versions of Money (e.g. Money 2006, Money 2007). The Sunset version cannot convert files created by regional (non-US) versions of Money.