The My Films plugin is designed to enable users with external movie catalogs, or end user databases, to be used in MediaPortal.
The My Films plugin is designed to enable users with external movie catalogs, or end user databases, to be used in MediaPortal. If you are one of the hundreds of thousands of users worldwide who already use movie catalog software to create and maintain your movie database, My Films offers a quick out of the box solution to view and use your catalog within MediaPortal, without needing to re-scan your data.
If you do not have, or do not wish to develop, your own database and simply wish to scan, add your movies. and play them in MediaPortal, you should use one of the excellent plugins designed for that purpose - either Moving Pictures or the Videos feature plugin in MediaPortal.
My Films is NOT an alternative or replacement for the MediaPortal Videos feature or the Moving Pictures plugin.
My Films combines the strengths of end user databases with MediaPortal's media center features, giving you the best of both worlds. It also integrates many of the advanced features of end user databases into MediaPortal. When using the XML database of Ant Movie Catalog, it even offers the ability to update data by field, by record (i.e. film) or by using global updates, all from within the My Films user interface.
- Great performance on catalogs/databases of over 10,000 films
- Centralized Data for multi-user environments, even on a NAS or SSD, with different setups for each client if you prefer
- Scan for 'online' availability of your media (vs. offline or remote files), or select this option in Config to always report media availability. This is especially useful when storing media on a network where the network device may not be currently accessible.
- New Wizard for Getting Started quickly and easily, with most options preset
- Create multiple configs with different options for each user, accessible by a menu when you open My Films if you wish
- Switch between multiple catalogs or databases within My Films by creating separate configs for each database
- Add Config Filters i.e. for kids movies, documentaries, or adult films
- Password protection by config - protected films never display for other users, not even the cover or fanart!
- Group your movies by Box Sets,, series or any other grouping
- If you don't have/use an external database, you can use the Wizard to scan your movie files and create an XML database to use with My Films.
My Films 184.108.40.2068 Video software developed by MyFilms Team. The license of this video software is shareware, you can free download and get a free trial before you buy a registration or license. Do not use illegal warez version, crack, serial numbers, registration codes, pirate key for this video software My Films. If you want to get a full and unlimited version of My Films, you should buy from original publisher MyFilms Team.