“Peggle Nights Deluxe” is the second edition of the Peggle series.
“Peggle Nights Deluxe” is the second edition of the Peggle series. This new edition doesn’t bring much of a change if you compare it with the previous edition, so if you are already a Peggle player don’t expect many news of this new version.
The location where the game develops is the same, the Peggle Institute, which was founded by a unicorn named Bjorn, who is the host of the game. This is not like those games with an underlying story going on. Here, you enter and start playing right away. So, let’s move on to what is this game about.
You will be presented with a screen on which there is an arrangement of the so called “pegs”, round or rectangular bricks of two colors (blue and orange). This pegs form different arrangements on different levels so the game is evolving all the time, preventing you from the chance to get bored. Some of the pegs (orange ones) are the target you have to hit with a ball shot from the top. You’ll be provided with a rotating canon sort of thing, controlled by your mouse and with a dotted line that indicates the direction in which the ball will be shot if you press the mouse button in that specific moment. When you “pull the trigger” (click with your mouse) the ball is shot and start hitting the pegs and bouncing around until it falls all the way down the board. In the bottom of the screen there is a “rescue ship” moving sideways from one end to the other. If happens that the ball falls on the ship, that ball doesn’t count for your balls count, so it’s like a free ball for you, meaning you are going to have an extra chance to accomplish the level goal. Keep in mind that you only have 10 balls to hit all the pegs you need to clear from the board, that’s way you really want to get a free ball anytime. When you run out of balls the game is over (you have 10 balls available).
To pass each level you must hit all orange pegs in the screen before running out of balls to shoot. What makes this game difficult is that you don’t have a direct shot to each orange pegs but will there be some blue pegs on the way. That’s where the bouncing of the ball is what can reach those hidden orange pegs and get you to the next level. The game uses four type of pegs in Peggle, which are categorized by colors. Let’s know them:
- Blue pegs, the basic type, can be round and rectangular.
- Orange pegs, are worth 10x the value of blue pegs. You have to clear all the orange pegs on a level to beat the level.
- Purple pegs, are worth 50x the value of blue pegs. This peg changes location in every shot.
- Green pegs, activate your Magic Power. There are two green pegs per level.
The game get interesting when you consider the four different game modes to play it. Let’s see them:
1. Adventure Mode: allows you to train with all the Peggle Masters. Progress through all the levels to become a Peggle Master yourself.
2. Quick Play: lets you select an individual level to play. You may only play levels that you’ve completed in Adventure Mode.
3. Duel Mode: allows you to compete in a two player version of Peegle. You can play against the computer or another person.
4. Challenge Mode: presents you with extra difficult Peggle feats. Beat all of the challenges to become a Peggle Grand Master.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About system requirements, here’s a list for you to check out:
- Windows XP/Vista
- 1.0GHz processor
- 512MB RAM
- 50+ MB Hard Drive Space
- Direct-X 9.0c or higher
- 32MB Video Card or higher
Peggle Nights 32.0 Games software developed by PopCap Games. The license of this games software is shareware$, the price is 19.95, you can free download and get a free trial before you buy a registration or license. Do not use illegal warez version, crack, serial numbers, registration codes, pirate key for this games software Peggle Nights. If you want to get a full and unlimited version of Peggle Nights, you should buy from original publisher PopCap Games.