Photosounder is a one-of-a-kind image-sound editing program. It is unique in that it opens images and sounds indiscriminately, treats and processes them as images, and synthesizes them as sounds ...
Photosounder is a one-of-a-kind image-sound editing program. It is unique in that it opens images and sounds indiscriminately, treats and processes them as images, and synthesizes them as sounds. Sounds, once turned into images, can be powerfully modified to achieve effects and results that couldn't be obtained in any other way, while images of all sorts reveal the infinite kinds of otherworldly sounds they contain. Ultimately, knowing how sounds look and how images sound, you'll be able to create images that sound like what you want to hear, or like what you couldn't imagine to hear.
Photosounder is a cutting edge spectral editing program, offering the best spectrogram editing and synthesis capabilities, making use of unique spectrograph, synthesis and filtering algorithms developed specifically to achieve the best results possible. Photosounder turns sound processing problems into image processing challenges, and brings the power and flexibility of familiar image processing tools to the creation and transformation of sounds. This groundbreaking approach is what allows us to push the boundary of what we thought was possible.
Photosounder is available for Windows (2000, XP, Server 2003 and Vista), Mac OS X 10.4+ Universal (Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, on both PowerPC and Intel machines). It can also run on Linux using the latest development release of Wine. A demo version is available, with the ability to save the resulting sound to file disabled, and a short silence inserted every 12 seconds.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of what has been found that can be done using Photosounder.
* Turning a sound upside down (bass sounds become treble and vice versa)
* Complex soundscapes using extreme time stretching
* Creating instruments graphically and arranging them into a beat
* Transmitting photographs through sound
* Performing operations between different sound files, such as subtracting an instrumental from a song to isolate vocals
* Isolating or removing an instrument from a complex sound
* New effects such as piano chorusification or time-pixelation of sound
* A new take on more classical sound effects such as sound reverb
* Highly quality and flexibility processing such as denoising
* Creating new sounds from photographs or fractal images
* Synthesizing spectrograms created from other spectrographs, such as printed spectrograms of bird calls in books
* Pitch shifting, pitch interval stretching, sound rotation, time-frequency domain compression
Photosounder for Mac OS X 1. 8. 2003 Misc. Audio software developed by Michel Rouzic. The license of this misc. audio software is demo$, the price is 36.00, you can free download and get a free trial before you buy a registration or license. Do not use illegal warez version, crack, serial numbers, registration codes, pirate key for this misc. audio software Photosounder for Mac OS X. If you want to get a full and unlimited version of Photosounder for Mac OS X, you should buy from original publisher Michel Rouzic.