Tentackle is a Java framework for the development of Swing-based multi-tier desktop enterprise applications with a strong focus on productivity.
Tentackle is a Java framework for the development of Swing-based multi-tier desktop enterprise applications with a strong focus on productivity. It has been designed from an application developer's point of view and covers typical requirements such as O/R mapping, feature-rich GUI, reporting, security management, middle tier server, desktop integration, web integration and many more. Tentackle runs on top of Java-SE, has a small footprint and is Open Source according to the LGPL.
* Self-contained framework covering the typical requirements of enterprise applications mainly for the desktop.
* Easy to learn and easy to use programming model for 2-tier, 3-tier or distributed n-tier applications.
* Same application can be used in 2-tier, 3-tier, n-tier and even as a backend for the web without changing a single line of Java code.
* No more hassle with attaching and detaching objects, LazyInitializationExceptions or manually coding session beans for each and every trivial operation.
* Extended Swing GUI beans aware of forms and binding.
* Powerful security model.
* Printing and Reporting.
* High-level features out-of-the-box such as object navigation, ad-hoc queries, working with tables, drag-and-drop, office integration, and much more.
* Solves a lot of "loose ends" of the JDK, such as preferences with database backing store, data-driven JTable configuration or business-ready GUI beans.
* Lightweight integrated support for the web as well.
* Generative programming approach for minimized runtime configuration, less manually written code and maximized productivity.
* No bytecode instrumentation and no "Javoodoo" behind the scenes.
* No cryptic XML configuration.
* Not just hiding complexity but effectively reducing complexity.
* Less than 400 classes to learn.
* Minimized dependencies. No more "half of this planet's jar-files in tow".
* Runs on top of Java-SE. No Java-EE necessary.
* Less development effort, less code, shorter time to market, more fun!
Tentackle 1.0 Misc. Dev. Tools software developed by Krake Softwaretechnik. The license of this misc. dev. tools software is freeware, the price is free, you can free download and get a fully functional freeware version of Tentackle. Do not use illegal warez version, crack, serial numbers, registration codes, pirate key for this misc. dev. tools freeware Tentackle. Always use genuine version that is released by original publisher Krake Softwaretechnik.