VLC is a free and open source multimedia player and framework for Windows x64 that plays most multimedia files as well as DVD, Audio CD, VCD, and various streaming protocols.
VLC media player nightly for Windows x64 supports partially encrypted Blu-ray discs and brings a more polished look and enhancements to the options and codecs in this flexible player. VLC media player nightly is more visually striking with a new sidebar allowing quick access to your playlist, media folders or online streams. The final version will also include a search tool so you can find missing media much more easily than before.
The most important feature in VLC media player nightly however is Blu-ray support. However, for legal reasons, it will only open partially encrypted Blu-ray discs. It can also now output audio to Android and iOS devices. Note that it can also be quite unstable as this is effectively a beta release of VLC media player.
VLC media player x64 nightly is an exciting glimpse at how VLC media player will look and finally supports Blu-ray discs.
* Rewritten video output core and modules, allowing subpicture blending in GPU.
* Shader support in the OpenGL output, for colorspace conversion, including 10bits.
* New video outputs for Windows 7, Android, iOS and OS/2.
* New debanding, grain, denoising and anti-flickering filters.
* New deinterlacing filter, including an Inverse Telecine algorithm.
* New resamplers for higher quality audio.
* New dynamic range compressor and karaoke filters.
* Simplification of the audio core for faster processing.
* New audio outputs for iOS, Android and OS/2.
* Multi-threaded decoding for H.264, MPEG-4/Xvid and WebM.
* Support for 10bits codecs, WMV image and some other codecs.
* Rewritten support for images, including jpeg, png, xcf, bmp...
* Important changes in RealVideo and Real Format support.
* CrystalHD cards and Android OpenMAX support for hardware decoding.
Input and Devices
* Experimental support for BluRay discs:
- Menus are deactivated in this release (will come soon).
- AACS and BD+ DRM libraries and keys are not shipped, for legal reasons.
* Support for SDI capture cards and QTKit devices.
* Support for new adaptive streaming protocols, like HLS and DASH.
For Mac Users
* Completely new, single window interface:
- Available in 2 colors: Lion grey and QTX black.
- Extensions support and better Lion integration.
* Support for all QTKit devices through qtcapture and qtsound modules.
* Continued support for X 10.5 and PPC users (1080p and ProRes on Dual-G5!).
For Anime Fans
* Vastly improved MKV demuxer.
* Rewritten linked segments and ordered chapter files support.
* Correct support for FLAC, RV and Hi10p in MKV.
* Rewritten seeking support in cue files.
* Various ASS subtitles improvements.
For professional Users
* Support for ProRes 422 and 4444, AVC/Intra.
* Support for Jpeg-2000 and DNxHD/VC-3 in 10bits.
* Support for EBU subtitles (stl) and EIA-608.
* SDI and HD-SDI card support for input on Linux.
* New Dirac/VC-2 encoder, faster than the previous one.
VLC media player nightly supports the following formats:
Blu-ray, MPEG, AVI, ASF, WMV, WMA, MP4, MOV, 3GP, OGG, OGM, MKV, Real, DTS, AAC, AC3, A52, Raw DV, FLAC, FLV, MXF, Nut, MIDI, Creative+oOC?To Voice, MP3